Wednesday, May 8, 2013

24 weeks pregnant!

You read correctly, I am now 24 weeks pregnant! At the end of this month I will be into my 3rd trimester and into the home stretch of my pregnancy. I can't believe how fast time is flying. After coming home from work today I wanted to write down a couple of things to remember, so I figured this would be the easiest way to do so.


Firstly, I've been a little stressed this week due to some changes at work and their policies. My original plan for after the baby came was to go back to work at about 23 hours a week, but due to these new changes it looks like that might not be possible and I'll probably have to go back to work full time (30+ hours/week, not including drive time from the Inland Empire to Orange County). This is obviously not ideal, but I know that God has a plan for us. He will provide for us, and we continue to pray for our little, growing family. Thanks goodness I enjoy what I do! Probably not more than I will enjoy being a Mother, but once again we will have to see what the future holds for us all.


Secondly, it is now May! Meaning that I'm only 4 weeks away from my 3rd trimester and the summer. I'm actually looking forward to the summer this year and preparing for our little one to be here. Not only that, but Ben and I have a lot of events to look forward to! For Memorial Day weekend we're going on a "Baby Moon" to the Grand Canyon, my little brother is graduating high school in early June, Ben and I are going to a wedding in San Jose for some dear friends in late June, and for the 4th of July weekend we will be in the Bay Area and I will be having my Baby Shower to see close family and friends. So May just means we're that much closer to all those things. Other than all of those, my child's cousin is due this month as well! My cousin and his wife are due in late May and I can't wait to meet the little cousin to my child (I can't believe they will only be 3 months apart!). So many exciting things to look forward to!


Thirdly, since I'm pregnant I have been tired working, driving, carrying around this child, etc. And not that I'm a great cook or anything, but I hate not being able to come home and make dinner for my husband and be the wife that I would like to be. My husband, Ben has been such an amazing and supportive partner in this pregnancy. He's been taking care of a lot of the things that I'm used to taking care of, cooking, cleaning, and overall trying to keep every thing organized. I just wanted to put out that I'm so lucky to have such an amazing, supportive, loving partner in this pregnancy such as my husband. This child is so lucky to have Ben as their father. That being said, I'm finally starting to feel like I have more energy when I come home in the evening from work, so I was finally able to make dinner tonight! Even though it's really late, I'm glad I was able to contribute to our little family again =).


Well that's all for now. I will write again soon to update every one on my completely interesting life as a pregnant woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment