Saturday, March 2, 2013

Telling Our Families

Well after a LONG Christmas break of hiding our exciting news, we decided that we could come back to the Bay Area to tell our family once we had been to the doctors to make sure everything was going well. We had our first appointment when I was 9 weeks along, and got to see our little peanut for the first time, and even heard the heart beat. Our little kiddo was bouncing and moving around like it was nobody's business! After talking with the doctor and after she told me that I was very low risk for my pregnancy. We started figuring out how we were going to tell our families!


I had always dreamed of telling our families by having a picture frame with our ultrasound and giving it to them as gifts. I was able to find some awesome picture frames to give our families and thankfully we were going to the Bay Area to celebrate my Mom's birthday and Ben's sister's birthday, so we needed gifts for them any way (that way the gifts didn't seem too suspicious). For my Mom's present, we put our ultra sound in the picture frame and the picture frame said "Coming Soon" on the bottom. When we arrived late Friday night to my parents house I quickly gave my Mom her present and told her to open it right away (we couldn't wait any longer!). At first she protested, but I was persistent and she opened it. Needless to say, both my mom and dad were very excited, but at first were shocked. We sat down and talked about everything, and then Ben and I went to sleep because we had to be up at his parents house bright and early the next morning to tell them our news.


Since we were going to be celebrating Ben's sister's birthday we got her the present to open. Her picture frame was a picture of her daughter and our niece (Azaileeya) with a picture of our ultrasound right next to it and on the bottom of the frame it said "Cousins". We gave it to Moriah and she opened it quickly, but didn't quite understand. Ben's family looked at the picture and it took them a second to get to the "Cousins" part of the picture frame. When they did they all laughed gave out hugs and congratulated us. Moriah told us later she thought that we had Azaileeya's ultrasound and put it in the picture frame, before she got to the part that says "Cousins".

Finally! Our parents knew and we were able to tell our extended family, close friends and church family, which we did slowly over a couple of weeks. Now every one knew our big news!!

No comments:

Post a Comment