Saturday, November 17, 2012

My Job(s)

What a wonderful Saturday! The weather has been overcast all morning with some light rain, Ben and I have been relaxing, hanging with Murray, getting out our Christmas stuff, and running errands. These are the kinds of Saturdays that I cherish. So in this month of Thanksgiving I would like to say that I am thankful for these quiet days I get to spend with my little family.

Of course, the only way I fully get to appreciate these quiet Saturdays is because I am so busy with work during the regular week. This week was busy, even with the holiday on Monday I still saw one of my clients, and had a rough week with another kid. Even though some of these days are rough, I really am truly grateful to our gracious Lord for providing me with not one, but 2 jobs. Granted, I'm trying to move away from one so that I can work for only one company full time, but I'm grateful for the jobs that I have.

As I stated in my other blog, I started working for a new company recently, and yesterday I had my 90-day evaluation. Mostly good comments, with a few "try to improve" areas, but overall I was satisfied with the results. I am so excited for the opportunities at this new company and my boss even texted me this week saying that she's going to try to get me to be a full-time employee (30-32 hours/week) by December! I am so excited and this means so many big things! I will be now getting reimbursed more for drive time, I'll only be working for one company, and in this company there's a possibility for more growth and I can see myself staying there for a long time.


It's been a while since I've had this nice of a work week, and it makes me remember why I chose this profession to begin with. I've always wanted to help others, learn more about autism, and try to make a difference in these families lives. For a while I wasn't feeling like that was what I was doing. I was barely a babysitter, day after day, just putting out fires left and right, and not being able to really do my job. However, this week I saw a lot of progress in most of my kids, and seeing them learn and grasp what we're trying to teach is the most rewarding feeling ever! Especially when you know that you had something to do with it. I am so excited to see what the future has in store for me with work, and I am so proud to say that I am an ABA Therapist!


No comments:

Post a Comment